The Conseil québécois de la musique
(CQM) is a non-profit organization. Its mandate is to bring together professional organizations and individuals working in the field of concert music.
Promoting the Québec music environment
- Production, distribution and support organizations
- Schools and recording studios
- Performers, composers, musicologists, producers and managers
The CQM promotes cohesion, recognition, development and defence of the interests of the Québec music environment.
Committees and industry tables are responsible for numerous files relating to:
- Concert distribution
- Musical creation
- Arts in the schools
- Sound recording
- Stabilizing jobs in the music sector
- The presence of music in national and international media
CQM representational activities strive to promote discipline to government authorities as well as local, national and international communities.Activities and projects
Since 1996, the CQM has been presenting the Opus Awards to highlight excellence in the concert music sector in Québec.Adoptez un Musicien !
(Adopt a musician!) Is a media campaign to demystify the image of musicians and help promote new interest for concert music in the media. Every year, the various media adopt more than thirty musicians.
The CQM also participates in Musicora, the Paris Music Trade Show, to promote Québec concert music and establish contacts in Europe. Québec musicians and instrument-makers get together to showcase the quality and diversity of their musical environment to Musicora visitors.
The CQM serving its members
The CQM also offers numerous services to its members:
- The Diapason program for management support
- Promotional support activities
- On-going training
- Distribution of concert calendars
- Developing agreements with various commercial partners
- Publication of an electronic directory of members